Thursday, July 9, 2009

God is Good

I've spent the last week in Kansas visiting with family from my wife's side. We really had a great time.

I discovered that driving continuously for a number of hours can be really good for one's perspective. I had lots of time to think. What I discovered is that I really spend too much time being too uptight about too many things that really don't matter in the long run. There's a wonderful peace that comes with letting go of all the issues and just placing one's mind and heart in God. It's not an irresponsible, escapist attitude. From the way I read Scripture, it's faith.

Blogs tend to have the inherent weakness of making one feel that he either does have all the answers, or ought to. We are deceived into thinking we're an authority about something, even if it's just our own lives. But it's not really true in many cases, and especially not in mine. I am not an authority. I am a learner. In fact, I am only beginning to learn how much I have to learn.

So with this new found joy and peace, I am completely enjoying this day, which has actually been very hectic, but also loaded with many grace-filled moments.

Thanks be to God for His indescribable Gift!

No comments: