Saturday, May 12, 2012

God Save The King!

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life, godly and respectful in every way."  I Timothy 2:1,2

I am grieving, as I know are many others, over the public position our President has taken to sanction open sodomy.  I am sure there are many who are offended that I use that term rather than the more PC homosexuality.  But that's the thing with sin.  It's venom is not lessened by calling it something else.  I am not speaking against anyone who finds themselves wrestling with same sex attraction but who are waging a battle of chastity to combat it.  I am speaking about those who have thrown aside all restraint and plunged headlong into the depravity of sodomy.  

As I was saying, I am grieved that our President has chosen to be so vocal in his support of such immorality.  I am not surprised.  I am grieved.  Our President has unfortunately chosen to walk the road of fame, fortune, and popularity and embrace the evils that are being called for by so many in our society.  It is unprecedented to have someone in his position do such a thing.  


I am not writing this in any spirit of anger.  Rather, I realize that our President is placing his immortal soul in grave danger and he is encouraging our nation to do the same.  It reminds me of when St. John  the Baptist rebuked Herod for his adulteries.  It cost John his life.  One wonders how far away such things are here.  


There has been much written on the statement of President Obama.  And there has been much that has been said about it.  But I believe we need to pray for our President as never before.  Not because we want him to enact different policies and not because we're afraid of what he'll do if he's re-elected.  But rather we need to pray for him because virtually his every decision betrays a depravity and arrogance that can hardly be imagined and will not likely be changed apart from the supernatural power of God's grace.


Our President has made a policy of mocking God and then attempting to convince people that this is part of some struggle or evolution of conscience.  It isn't.  The whole thing is orchestrated.  Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption; but he who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life, (Gal. 6:7,8).  


My friends, those of you who fear God, I beg your prayers and intercessions for our President.  Storm heaven with your intercessions and beg that God's grace will be poured out on our President.  And while you're at it, pray for our nation who in many ways has lost its soul.  God have mercy on us! 

No comments: